WomanRising Awards, a woman-focused awards organised by the African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) has started preparations for its flagship event, with a reminder to the general public to nominate their favourite personalities for the year 2016.
The official awards ceremony will happen on Thursday, 19th October at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra. The award aims at giving women entrepreneurs and professionals in various sectors the needed public recognition for their outstanding achievements.
The awards has a vision to encourage more women to embrace entrepreneurship and to venture into male-domianted sectors.
Since entries were opened, a lot of people have nominated women they feel have positively influenced their lives and society.
According to organisers, entries are open from now till Friday, September 22.
WomanRising Awards Categories
- Emerging WomanRising Entrepreneur of the Year
- Emerging WomanRising Professional of the Year
- Non-Ghanaian WomanRising Entrepreneur of the Year
- Non-Ghanaian WomanRising Professional of the Year
- WomanRising Company of the Year (Entrepreneurship)
- WomanRising Company of the Year (Professional)
- Woman Rising Entrepreneur of the Year
- WomanRising Professional of the Year
- WomanRising Social Entrepreneur of the Year
- Woman Rising Student Entrepreneur of the Year
- WomenRising Support Organisation of the Year
WomanRising Awards Jury Honary Categories
- Woman Rising Lifetime Achievement Award
- WomanRising Award for Agriculture & Agribusiness
- Woman Rising Award for Banking & Finance
- WomanRising Award for Beauty & Wellness
- WomanRising Award for Branding & Marketing
- Woman Rising Award for Capacity Building & Coaching
- WomanRising Award for Communication & Public Relations
- WomanRising Award for Construction
- Woman Rising Award for Distribution, Wholesale & Retail
- WomanRising Award for Education
- WomanRising Award for Engineering
- Woman Rising Award for Events & Logistics
- WomanRising Award for Fashion
- WomanRising Award for Food processing
- Woman Rising Award for Health
- WomanRising Award for Hospitality
- WomanRising Award for Human Resources
- Woman Rising Award for Insurance
- WomanRising Award for Investments
- Woman Rising Award for Legal
- WomanRising Award for Manufacturing
- Woman Rising Award for Media
- WomanRising Award for Music
- Woman Rising Award for Mining
- WomanRising Award for Oil & Gas
- Woman Rising Award for Photography
- WomanRising Award for Printing & Publishing
- Woman Rising Award for Real Estate
- WomanRising Award for Security
- WomanRising Award for Sports
- Woman Rising Award for Technology
- WomanRising Award for Telecommunications
- WomanRising Award for Transport & Aviation
- Woman Rising Award for Travel & Tourism
- WomanRising Award for Waste Management & Sanitation
WomanRising Awards Criteria For Nomination
- The nominee must be a Woman.
- The nominee must have or work for a Registered Business which has been in operation for at least 6 months.
- Nominee’s organisation must have been profitable in the last fiscal year.
- Registered charities and not-for-profits must be financially stable and meet all pending quotas where applicable.
- The nominee must currently own shares in the company (applicable to only entrepreneurs)
- Nominee must hold the senior executive title and/or be the chief decision maker.
- The nominee must be the founder of the business and/or have had a significant impact on the company if acquired. This is applicable to only entrepreneurs.